Michael J. Dowling
Award-winning ghostwriter and owner of
Wool Street Publishing
I get great satisfaction from helping business professionals, consultants, and other thought leaders write and publish non-fiction books that persuasively communicate their ideas, dramatically enhance their professional image, open doors to speaking engagements and media interviews, and generate a profitable return on investment.
A lot of writers do a pretty good job of putting pen to paper. I also take pride in writing clearly, concisely, and convincingly. My goal will be to express your thoughts in your voice to accomplish your goals.
But there’s a lot more to ghostwriting than writing. If your book isn’t properly structured, the best writing in the world will fall flat. That’s why I will spend considerable time at the beginning of every project conceptualizing the book for maximum impact.
Writing and publishing a book is a rather complex process. It’s easy to make a costly mistake. Drawing upon my more than thirty years of professional management experience with both profit and non-profit organizations, and my more than seventeen years of ghostwriting experience, I’ll guide you through the entire book-writing process, so your project comes in on schedule and on budget. I provide turn-key service from conceptualization to publication and distribution, always with the goal of conserving your valuable time.
For writing samples, references, and other information, see http://www.MichaelJDowling.com.
Education: MBA, Columbia Business School (NYC); BS with honors in engineering, University of Florida
Years of experience: 20 +
Office location: Charleston, SC, near the summit of Mount Pleasant (elevation 10 feet)
Memberships: Association of Ghostwriters, Independent Book Publishers Association
Honors: International Book Awards; National Indie Excellence Book Awards; Columbia Graduate School of Business Harriman Scholar
Books Ghostwritten and Edited:
- Data Driven: How Performance Analytics Delivers Extraordinary Sales Results by Jenny Dearborn, executive VP, SAP (ghostwriting)
- Mining Your Own Business: A Primer for Executives on Understanding and Employing Data Mining and Predictive Analytics by Jeff Deal (VP) and Gerhard Pilcher (CEO) of Elder Research Inc. (ghostwriting and self-publishing services)
- Leading with Honor: Leadership Lessons from the Hanoi Hilton by Lee Ellis, management consultant (ghostwriting)
- Diverge: Break Away from Business as Usual to Achieve Extraordinary Business Results by Bill Rossiter, CEO of Interrupt, Inc. (ghostwriting and self-publishing services)
- Clutter-Free Wealth: A Goal-Oriented Guide to Gaining Control of Your Affluence by Liz Miller, CFA & CPA (ghostwriting)
- The Value of Core Values: Five Keys to Success Through Values-Centered Leadership by Lisa Huetteman, management consultant (ghostwriting)
- 10.5 Reasons to Hire a Coach by David Herdlinger & Joan Walsh, executive coaches (ghostwriting)
- Apprehended for Life: The Autobiography of Montez Bullock by Montez Bullock (editing)
- Ready, Set, Plan, Go! by Joan Walsh, executive coach (ghostwriting)
- Rock the World with Your Online Presence by Mike O’Neil (editing)
- Bottom Line Focus: How to Take Your Business from Surviving to Thriving in 18 Proven Steps by Martin Harshberger, management consultant (ghostwriting and self-publishing services)
- Healing a Hospital by David Herdlinger, executive coach (ghostwriting)
- Say Goodbye to Varicose & Spider Veins Now! by Greg Martin, MD (ghostwriting and self-publishing services)
- Blazing Your Own Trail: A Guide for Women on the Way Up by Joan Walsh, executive coach (ghostwriting)
- 10.5 Reasons Why Even Top-Notch Executives Fail by David Herdlinger, executive coach (editing)
- Investing in God’s Business: The “How To” of Smart Christian Giving by Terry A. Parker, Gregory L. Sperry, and David H. Wills of the National Christian Foundation (ghostwriting and self-publishing services)
- The Worst Financial Mistakes in the Bible and How You Can Avoid Them by Chuck Bentley of Crown Financial Ministries (editing)
- Flip Along Fun, an award-winning children’s book
- Boosting Your Pet’s Self-Esteem, a humorous cultural satire published by Macmillan
Magazine Articles Authored:
- “Turn White Papers into Green Dollars,” published in Speaker: The Official Magazine of the National Speakers Association, July/August 2012
- “5 Key Qualities to Look for When Hiring a Professional Writer (So You Don’t Make a Costly Mistake!),” published in The Independent, the journal of the Independent Book Publishers Association, June 2011
- “Giving as Worship,” published in Money Matters, a magazine of Crown Financial Ministries, November/December 2010
- “Taking the ‘Spookiness’ Out of Ghostwriting,” published in the Book Designer blog, http://TheBookDesigner.com/2011/07