I specialize in health care and medicine, including healthcare reform. I have written and/or ghosted more than a dozen books, hundreds (if not thousands) of articles, dozens of white papers and more!
With a degree in English from the University of Virginia and a master’s in biomedical writing from the University of the Sciences in Philadelphia, you know I have the background and knowledge to provide high quality content with no stress on your part.
Located In: Williamsburg, Virginia
Specialties: Health care reform
Affordable Care Act
All therapeutic areas in medicine
Consumer-facing medical content
Years of Experience: 30
Memberships: American Medical Writer’s Association, National Association of Science Writers, Association of Health Care Journalists, American Society of Journalists and Authors
Magazines Contributed to: Reader’s Digest, Family Circle, Parents, Consumer Digest, Prevention magazine
Books Contributed to:
• Patientzilla: Get the Health Care You Want, Need, and Deserve (in process)
• mHealth: Global Opportunities and Challenges, Convergent Publishing. Coming in 2013.
• Beyond Hormones, Rodale Publishing 2012. Co-author.
• Wine on Tuesdays: Be a Serious Wine Drinker without Taking Wine Too Seriously Thomas Nelson 2008. Co-author with husband.
• Disease Free, Reader’s Digest 2009. Co-author.
• Long Life Prescription, Reader’s Digest 2008. Co-author.
• What Works, Reader’s Digest 2008. Co-author.
• The Green Pharmacy Guide to Healing Foods: Rodale 2008. Ghostwriter.
• Rock Your Body, Rodale, 2007. Ghostwriter.
• Best Remedies, Reader’s Digest 2006. Co-author.
• Complete Idiot’s Guide to Type 2 Diabetes, Pearson. Co-author. 2005.
• Stealth Health: How to Sneak Age-Defying, Disease-Fighting Habits Into Your Life Without Really Trying Reader’s Digest. Co-author. 2005
• Medical Breakthroughs 2005, Reader’s Digest Books. Writer. 2004
• Take Charge of Your Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Barnes and Noble Publishers, Author, 2004.
• Allergy & Asthma Relief: Featuring The Breathe Easy Plan : Seven Steps to Allergen Resistance, Reader’s Digest Books. Co-author. 2004.
• Medical Breakthroughs 2004, Reader’s Digest Books, 2004. Writer
• Young for Life. Oxmoor Press. Writer and Editor. 2004
• Cut Your Cholesterol! Reader’s Digest Books. Co-author. 2003
• Medical Breakthroughs 2003, Reader’s Digest, 2003. Writer.
• 7 Days to a Perfect Night’s Sleep. St. Martin’s Press. Author. 2003.
• The Woman Doctor’s Guide to Health and Healing (Oxmoor Press), project manager/editor. 2003.
• Bloom’s Biocritiques: William Faulkner. Chelsea Press. Author. 2003
• Letter Perfect: How to Use the Power of Words, Phrases and Personal Style to Say it Best in Any Situation. Prentice Hall.
• A Patient’s Guide to Alzheimer’s Disease. Handbooks in Health Care Company. 2002
• The Insider’s Guide to Internet Health Searches: Real Life Success Stories and Expert Advice for Finding Online Health Information You Can Trust. Rodale Press. Editor.